CABRI Creative Dance Programs for Schools are based on Brain Compatible Dance Education, a method that integrates research on how the brain learns with the process of learning dance concepts and techniques.
Created for preschoolers to secondary level students, these workshops can be tailored to your school’s curriculum, timetable, and budget. They are designed for students and their teacher to participate with joy and confidence, and can be facilitated in their classroom without having to move any furniture or during the students’ gym time.
SINGLE CLASS WORKSHOP
minimum of 30 minutes
Founder and instructor Annemarie Cabri’s engaging teaching method will awaken the joy of movement in students and their teacher, while introducing movement/dance techniques that enhance learning in classrooms.
Activities in the Single Class Workshop include:
- A fun and easily learnt body/brain warm-up using movement patterns that develop better focus and concentration and strengthen social and emotional skills.
- Exploration of age-appropriate movement/dance techniques and concepts in a multi-sensory environment to improve memory and communication between brain cells.
- Reflection on experience to exercise the link between emotions, thinking, and learning.
SERIES OF CLASSES PROGRAM
Length and number of classes tailored to your school’s timetable.
This enjoyable and engaging program provides an opportunity for students and their teacher to enhance learning in their classroom with Brain Compatible Dance Education and to build their confidence and collaborative skills through creative performance.
Activities in the Series of Classes Program include:
- Variations of a fun and easily learnt body/brain warm-up using movement patterns that develop better focus and concentration and strengthen social and emotional skills.
- In-depth exploration of a new dance concept in each class building up to choreography, to improve memory and communication between brain cells.
- Moving/dancing in pairs, trios, and small groups to learn problem-solving skills and to break down barriers between genders, cultures, and levels of ability.
- Reflection on experience, to exercise the link between emotions, thinking, and learning.
At the end of a Series of Classes Program, there are two options for a creative performance at your school:
- An informal SHARING of a choreographed movement/dance.
- A formal PERFORMANCE with simple costumes, lighting, and set design.
|For more information:|
|Toronto Phone: (416) 656-1618|